Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by stitchx0003 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Just completed building the A-wing Fighter. 1st attempt doing a review, so here it is.

Name: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter
Theme: Starwars
Year: 2013
Pieces: 166
Minifigs: 3
RRP: S$50.90

Original box images
It's slightly more compact packaging compared to the previous similar priced starwars product like Desert Skiff and Droid Escape.
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577622502_81361677a2
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8576522669_e3a8e7b86b
Compared to the actual A-wing.
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter A-Wing

Contents
The goodies inside the packaging and idea of how the built is going to be like. Decided to give up on the stickers. Haha...
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577622274_d8e679e44b
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577622056_ae0350a21c

Minifigures
3 new models in one box. Good for starters like me. The printings on the minifigures are quite detailed also.
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577621848_b07e0c54bd
Front View.
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8576525425_0bedc24794
Back View.
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8576525169_ff527beb3d

Building
It is a very fast build. Complete within an hour, so I'm back in withdrawal mode. Sad
The model after the 2nd package. Looks good!
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577624696_1fde2e119a
The Engine
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577624454_53c905f9b1

Some quirks
The Pilot can't sit upright in the cockpit.
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577623434_7495a042e2
Hrm... First time i encounter such printing compared to my rest of the bricks from other set (light grey on the top left). Is it normal?
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577624942_07586acbbe

Summary
Playability: 7/10 My opinion is it's a pretty stand alone set unless you have other fighters to play around with. Woudn't know what to do with the minifig if you get more than one also.
Design: 8/10 It does not exactly resemble the A-wing but good enough to be alike with it's own style of beauty, especially the smooth finishing. Would have given higher if the bricks where printed instead of using stickers.
Price: 8/10 The RRP is rather steep but it'll be a gd to get during promo.
Overall: 8/10 For lego starwar fans who are into the vehicles, I'll highly recommend it especially if it is with 20% discount. Laughing

More shots of the A-wing
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8576607937_888e1afc0f
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8576607721_99f9bd2b4b
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8577709130_4383ddc1be
Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter 8576523179_3993497f60
stitchx0003
stitchx0003
Post Level 2
Post Level 2

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by blacklotus on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:24 am

the printing u refer to is the dark bley parts' incomplete lego logo with missing E n G right?

thats new to me. a sign of the coming "made in china quality" time? Sad
blacklotus
blacklotus
Post Level 8
Post Level 8

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2012-07-28

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by stitchx0003 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 am

blacklotus wrote:the printing u refer to is the dark bley parts' incomplete lego logo with missing E n G right?

thats new to me. a sign of the coming "made in china quality" time? Sad

Yah, pardon me for the lousy pic. First time i see they totally skipped "E" n "G". Hopefully it's not that case of MIC.
stitchx0003
stitchx0003
Post Level 2
Post Level 2

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by blacklotus on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:00 pm

stitchx0003 wrote:
blacklotus wrote:the printing u refer to is the dark bley parts' incomplete lego logo with missing E n G right?

thats new to me. a sign of the coming "made in china quality" time? Sad

Yah, pardon me for the lousy pic. First time i see they totally skipped "E" n "G". Hopefully it's not that case of MIC.

your pictures r nice n clear. when u use the word printing, i thought there is some color misprints. but all i saw was 1x1 clips. the lego logos are called engravings.

thanks for sharing a very nice review with great pictures. especially since i didnt buy this set myself to focus on my core theme.
blacklotus
blacklotus
Post Level 8
Post Level 8

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2012-07-28

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by stitchx0003 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 pm

blacklotus wrote:
stitchx0003 wrote:
blacklotus wrote:the printing u refer to is the dark bley parts' incomplete lego logo with missing E n G right?

thats new to me. a sign of the coming "made in china quality" time? Sad

Yah, pardon me for the lousy pic. First time i see they totally skipped "E" n "G". Hopefully it's not that case of MIC.

your pictures r nice n clear. when u use the word printing, i thought there is some color misprints. but all i saw was 1x1 clips. the lego logos are called engravings.

thanks for sharing a very nice review with great pictures. especially since i didnt buy this set myself to focus on my core theme.

Oh yah, engraving... Haha... Razz
Which theme are u into?
stitchx0003
stitchx0003
Post Level 2
Post Level 2

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by blacklotus on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:01 pm

stitchx0003 wrote:

Oh yah, engraving... Haha... Razz
Which theme are u into?

Lord of the Rings. Smile
blacklotus
blacklotus
Post Level 8
Post Level 8

Posts : 2659
Join date : 2012-07-28

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by stitchx0003 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:05 pm

blacklotus wrote:
stitchx0003 wrote:

Oh yah, engraving... Haha... Razz
Which theme are u into?

Lord of the Rings. Smile

Nice! Tempted to start the theme too.
stitchx0003
stitchx0003
Post Level 2
Post Level 2

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter Empty Re: Review: 75003 A-Wing Starfighter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum